Research Assistant - Temporary
DATE: January 2013
REPORTS TO: Evaluator and Research Coordinator
Supports ongoing evaluation and research across the museum by analyzing data, and preparing data summaries and reports; may perform other clerical duties as necessary.
1. Follows detailed instructions to assist in targeted, short-term evaluation studies, including, but not limited to, naturalistic observations, informal interviews, and survey administration.
2. Responsible for coding and entering data and keeping database current and accurate; must communicate with managers and Interactive Information Technology staff to ensure that the database functions properly.
3. Prepares precise summaries of data collected to discuss with managers and exhibit designers and developers.
1. High school diploma or equivalent (i.e., GED).
2. Must have experience with or introductory college level coursework in social science research, preferably including naturalistic observations.
3. Demands strong analytical skills to record appropriate data and perform analyses.
4. Requires the ability to multi-task and attend to multiple parallel tasks.
5. Must be friendly and warm with museum visitors and be comfortable approaching visitors to engage them in impromptu conversations.
Requires excellent communications skills, both verbal and written to prepare data summaries and concise reports.
6. Must be flexible and willing to work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging setting, shifting between an office environment and the museum exhibits.
7. Must have a basic working knowledge of data management programs (e.g., Excel, Access, etc.).
1. Must be able to input detailed data entries and view computer monitor.
2. Must be able to stand for long periods of time and concurrently take detailed notes.
3. Must be able to listen to and transcribe recorded verbal field notes.
4. Must be able to communicate effectively with museum visitors and observe interactions.
The Children's Museum of Indianapolis - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard