The Research Associate role is an entry-level position on the Lux Research Consulting team. Research Associates learn and perform a variety of skill sets including; learning to research, analyze, and construct landscapes of innovation in emerging technologies, assess market opportunities for new technologies, and interviewing for primary research in order to help our clients make better decisions about investments, partnerships, and strategy.
A research associate spends significant time identifying and analyzing market events, patents, scientific publications, and interviewing technology executives, in order to aggregate and associate data for pattern analysis and developing structured datasets.
Given the highly technical focus of our work and our clients' work, a degree in the physical sciences or engineering (MechE; EE; Aerospace; ChemE or -highly desired - Materials Science) is required.
We are specifically seeking a Research Associate for our Consulting practice, so comfort in an intense, dead-line driven environment working with diverse personalities across a geographically dispersed team is essential.
· Conduct primary and extensive secondary research on emerging technology topics drawing on diverse sources, including business and trade press articles, scientific publications, patent filings, and conference presentations.
· Maintain a pipeline of briefings with senior executives at innovative companies as well as leaders of cutting-edge university and government labs.
· Author descriptive documents that profile the emerging technology activities of start-up companies, large corporations, and research laboratories.
· Assist with the production of research reports and other client deliverables.
· Help manage the operations of a rapidly-growing, geographically-dispersed team.
· Two years work experience and an undergraduate degree with outstanding record of academic achievement and a major in the physical sciences, or engineering is required . Master's degree is highly desirable.
· Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to juggle multiple tasks.
· Deep intellectual curiosity about emerging technologies and their impact.
· Willingness to do whatever it takes to meet client needs in a fast-moving, rapidly growing, start-up environment. Entrepreneurial, enthusiastic, collegial, and collaborative approach to work.
· Ability to write clearly about business and technical topics.
· Excellent written and spoken command over English. Foreign language skills (especially Asian and Western European) are desirable.
· Excellent office software skills and ability to meet deadlines is critical.
Other Important Qualifying Information:
· We are seeking local candidates for this role. There is no relocation assistance for this position and we are looking to fill the position immediately.
· No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Lux Research - 7 months ago