Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management Company, LLP is one of the world’s largest independent investment management firms. With US$746 billion in assets under management as of 30 November 2012, we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 50 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span nearly all segments of the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative culture of inclusivity because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. We welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialized subject-matter expertise.
We are looking to hire a Research Associate (RA), who will be based in Boston as part of the health care team. The health care market encompasses over 1,000 companies with a combined equity market capitalization of close to $4 trillion. The team manages in assets in excess of $30 billion over a multitude of client mandates. The focus of this assignment will be health care stocks in both the US and outside the US. The role of the Research Associate is to leverage the research efforts of the Global Industry Analysts.
Responsibilities for this position will include the following:
- Making investment recommendations to the Health Care sector team.
- Building and maintaining company financial models on prospective investments.
- Completing complex analytical projects under tight time constraints.
- Maintaining integrity of industry and comparative valuation models.
- Conducting analyses of financial results.
- Monitoring company announcements.
- Attending company meetings and industry conferences.
- Working towards CFA will be required.
We are looking for a self-directed, hard-working team player. This position is appropriate for an individual with strong analytical capabilities, exceptional financial modeling skills, and an eagerness to apply these skills to the investment decision-making process.
Specific qualifications for the position are the following:
- College degree with strong academic track record.
- 5+ years of previous investment experience preferred in the pharmaceutical, medical services and medical devices industries.
- Strong work ethic.
- Demonstrated analytical ability.
- Ability to think outside the box.
- Superior mathematical and accounting skills.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions under uncertainty.
- Ability to organize, manage, and prioritize time well.
- Strict attention to detail.
- A passion for investing.
- Effective communications skills, both written and oral.
Wellington Management - 2 years ago
If Napoleon had met this Wellington, Waterloo would have taken on a whole new meaning: sound asset management. Wellington Management...