The Leisure and Travel Associate will be tasked with assisting in all aspects of our Leisure and Travel research product, but will likely focus on the Lodging, Online Travel and Video Game sectors. The candidate will report in to our Senior Leisure and Travel Analyst.
Our current Leisure and Travel research is driven by several proprietary data sources including but not limited to a panel of approximately 30mm Consumers and our proprietary in house internet data harvesting technology which allows us to gather and mine data from over 500mm web pages monthly.
Furthermore, our business development team has contracted with several other data providers to give us access to unique supplemental data sources which in some cases are exclusive to ITG. They are consistently working to bring us additional data sources that add the most impact and long-term value.
- Updating existing templates with new data and producing regular written reports on companies and themes which we cover
- Monitoring company news and events
- Maintaining, updating, and revising project spreadsheets while ensuring quality and timeliness of project results
- Vetting new and unique data sets for relevancy to continually improve and broaden our scope and accuracy
- Update models for several syndicate names
- Ensure quality of data, adjust models for anomalies in the data and to correlate with reported historical data
- Keep abreast of sector and financial news
- Field inquiries from the sales force and clients about our capabilities, our methodology, and data questions in general
- Queue and ensure distribution of syndicate reports
- Vet new data sources
- Other related duties as assigned
To Apply: Interested candidates should send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include Research Associate, Leisure and Travel in the subject line.
- Bachelor’s degree (advanced degree a plus), with outstanding academic record
- 1-4 years of relevant experience
- Understanding of financial markets
- Genuinely enthusiastic about researching business models and industry trends to generate insightful thematic equity research that will help our institutional investor clientele resolve the investment controversies impacting their Leisure and Travel investment holdings
- Excellent analytical, communication and writing skills
- Experience with SQL and Microsoft Excel a plus
It is the policy of ITG to provide and promote equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. Decisions are made without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental handicap not related to ability, veteran status, genetic information, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
ITG - 16 months ago
Investment Technology Group, Inc. (ITG) is a specialized agency brokerage and financial technology company that partners with asset managers...