The New America Foundation is seeking a full-time, entry-level research associate for the National Security Studies Program. |
- Research and report on a wide array of national security issues.
- Help write a daily summary of news from Afghanistan and Pakistan.
- Edit and publish expert pieces on the AfPak Channel, a blog run in partnership with Foreign Policy Magazine.
- Edit, proofread, and fact-check a variety of policy reports and papers.
- Staff public events and write summaries of events at the New America Foundation.
- Perform various administrative duties.
- Help support the research of the director of the program, Peter Bergen.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor°s degree or higher.
- Proven research and analytical skills.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Familiarity with internet research tools.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work and manage time in order to meet multiple deadlines.
- Demonstrated interest in U.S. national security, counterterrorism, and/or foreign policy, particularly with regard to South Asia.
The deadline to apply for this position is January 7, 2013. The ideal candidate should be available to start at the beginning of February. Submit a resume, cover letter, and writing sample (up to 6 pages only). No phone calls, please.
Applicants must be currently eligible to be employed in the United States. The New America Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
New America Foundation - 20 months ago