The Research Associate works directly with a team of analysts who research, write, and publish reports analyzing the impact of technology, data, and analytics on consumers and businesses.
- Create graphics for reports and presentations to convey both conceptual analysis and quantitative findings.
- Maintain the report production schedule from inception through publication.
- Learn and be responsible for some quantitative work with Forrester’s data sets.
- Provide broad research and data support across the team of analysts.
- Conduct primary research for published reports, including interviewing industry leaders and analyzing consumer survey data.
- Conduct secondary research for published reports using industry sources such as competitive assessment and third-party data analysis.
- Assist analysts with coordinating and conducting industry interviews.
- Manage press and industry contacts.
- Handle team administration including booking rooms, scheduling meetings, and supporting travel planning.
- Help the sales force understand published reports; this includes giving short group tutorials on each monthly topic and suggesting appropriate reports for potential clients.
- Prepare information for the marketing department on upcoming report topics.
Forrester Research is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer; M/F/D/V are especially encouraged to apply.
- B.A./B.S. with a strong academic record.
- All undergraduate majors are welcome to apply; quantitative skills and knowledge of SPSS would be a major plus.
- One to two years of varied undergraduate or postgraduate work experience.
- A working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software.
- A passion for learning about technology.
- Typical candidates are:
- Engaging on the telephone for interviews.
- Articulate in writing and speech.
- Proficient in touch-typing.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
Forrester Research is one of the most influential research and advisory firms in the world. We work with business and technology leaders to...