IPA seeks qualified applicants for the post of Research Associate, based in New Haven, CT. As a part ofthe Research Methods and Training unit, the Research Associate provides technical assistance andsupport for knowledge management and training.
The Research Associate position offers an opportunity to gain first-hand knowledge management and training experience in anorganization undertaking cutting-edge development research. Research Associates are active participants in researching, managing, and delivering information for our project teams and clients.
The Research Associate will work closely withother staff to perform a variety of tasks including (but not limited to) collating, organizing, and disseminating collective IPA knowledge. The Research Associate will play a pivotal role in developing tools and resources for knowledge management and training.
Specifically, the Research Associate will:
- Support the creation and update of knowledge products;
- Coordinate and implement learning sessions/events, including coordinating logistics on staff participation (invitations, visa, travel inquiries, etc.) and venue arrangements, scheduling meetings, and drafting/sending communications;
- Assess knowledge and learning requirements (short- or long-term) and recommend options for development;
- Research best practices and new techniques to apply to knowledge capture, skills development, and dissemination for IPA’s learning/knowledge management initiatives;
- Assist with preparing of expense reports and budgets; and,
- Maintain and enhance IPA’s knowledge infrastructure (including, but not limited to, Box, Salesforce, and SharePoint).
IPA’s Research Methods and Training unit provides resources, support, and oversight of IPA internal systems for high quality research. Tasks and duties performed by the Research Methods and Training team include:
- Cross-country coordination of research oversight and survey methods
- Advice and guidance for questionnaire design, Stata, data entry, computer assisted interviews, datamanagement, data security, and other field research activities
- Sharing resources for survey design, data collection, data entry, data management, and data analysis
- Leading the design of curricula and logistics for staff training
- A Bachelor's degree
- Excellent management and organizational skills along with strong analytic and quantitative skills
- Fluency and excellent communication skills in English (proficiency in Spanish and/or French is preferred)
- Flexible, self-motivating, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently, and team player
- Strong attention to detail, with a quality-focused mindset
- Exposure to professional services environment and multi-national experience preferred
- Knowledge of Stata or other data analysis software preferred
- US work authorization preferred
- Willingness to travel internationally
1. To apply, please click here
2. Complete the J-PAL/IPA common application . Please select the position(s) you are interested in applying for on the 'Submit Application' page. Include two letters of recommendation, statement of purpose (cover letter), CV, and transcripts. We will consider your application even if you are unable to obtain reference letters before the deadline, but please be advised that we will be requiring them should you be invited for an interview.
IPA is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer .
All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
IPA will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact us at email@example.com.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed by the Research Associate . The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant. Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with IPA prior to releasing any extensive personal information to the organization. Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Innovations for Poverty Action - 30+ days ago
IPA is unique because of its approach to learning what works and what does not, the researchers who lead and manage projects, and our focus...