The Research Associate supports a team of analysts who serve business technology leaders with research reports and consulting that predict and quantify the business impact of emerging technologies and new business models in information technology markets.
• Manage research projects: Formulate a project plan, establish a check-in process, coordinate and conduct interviews, and meet deadlines.
• Conduct primary research for published reports, including developing and executing an interview set of senior-level technology users via telephone and online surveys.
• Prepare quantitative analysis and graphics from data sets including survey results, economic data, and vendor financials.
• Conduct secondary research for published reports using industry sources, including competitive assessment and third-party data analysis.
• Assist analysts in the preparation of consulting deliverables including PowerPoint, data analysis, and writing up interviews and other research activities.
• Manage press and vendor community contacts.
• Prepare report graphics and related presentations with well-formatted charts.
• Assist the research director in coordinating the activities of the team, including the report production schedule, consulting pipelines, travel schedules, event participation, and all other team activities.
• Coordinate the use of social media platforms (blogs, Twitter, an online community) in the research and publishing process.
• Help the sales force understand published reports, including giving short group tutorials on each monthly topic and suggesting appropriate reports for potential clients.
• Prepare information for the marketing department on upcoming report topics.
Forrester is looking for people who are inspired and inspiring. Our product is our intellectual capital, so we welcome and reward intellectual excellence, curiosity, and sophisticated thinking. The RA position requires:
• B.A./B.S., with a strong academic record. All undergraduate majors are welcome to apply; quantitative and statistics experience, including SPSS, is a major plus.
• One to two years of varied undergraduate or postgraduate work experience.
• A working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and data analysis software.
• Attention to detail, multi-tasking, prioritization, and ability to work independently are crucial.
• A passion for learning about information technology and the IT industry.
Typical candidates are:
• Engaging on the telephone.
• Outspoken and articulate in writing and speech.
• Proficient in computer applications and social media.
• Highly organized and detail-oriented.
Forrester Research is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer; M/F/D/V are especially encouraged to apply.
Forrester Research - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Can't see the tech forest for the trees? Maybe a Forrester ranger can guide you through the technological timber. One of the leading...