Research Associate – |
Water Intelligence Service
Lux Research is aggressively seeking Research Associates to support our business intelligence services in the Water field, covering emerging technologies and business models that address infrastructure, water reuse, disinfection, and efficient water use.
Research Associates spend most of their time conducting interviews, identifying and analyzing patents, scientific publications, and financial transactions, drawing on this work to analyze emerging companies and trends. This service monitors innovative technologies, companies and market adoption for water technologies in the areas including membranes (defined pore size membranes; anti-fouling strategies); disinfection; process water (advanced reuse and recovery; ultrapure water); water sensors, software & IT; wastewater; pipe rehab; and irrigation.
• Conduct primary and extensive secondary research on emerging transportation topics drawing on diverse sources, including business and trade press articles, scientific publications, patent filings, and conference presentations.
• Perform thorough analysis of the technology and business model for emerging companies on topics including membranes (defined pore size membranes; anti-fouling strategies); disinfection; process water (advanced reuse and recovery; ultrapure water); water sensors, software & IT; wastewater; pipe rehab; and irrigation.
• Author descriptive documents that profile the activities of start-up companies, large corporations, and research laboratories.
• Assist with the production of research reports and other client deliverables.
• A strong record of academic achievement. Bachelor's degree required in materials science, chemistry, physics, civil or environmental engineering, chemical engineering, electrical engineering, or mechanical engineering ; Master's degree is preferred.
• Minimum two years work or postgraduate experience with a background or experience in one or more of the following: materials science, chemistry, physics, civil or environmental engineering, chemical engineering, electrical engineering, or mechanical engineering.
• Deep intellectual curiosity about emerging technologies.
• Willingness to do whatever it takes to meet client needs in a fast-moving, rapidly growing, start-up environment.
• Entrepreneurial, enthusiastic, collegial, and collaborative approach to work.
• High degree of organization and attention to detail; ability to juggle multiple tasks.
• Ability to write clearly and incisively about business and technical topics.
• Superior listening and critical thinking skills, and ability to speak articulately and think on your feet; a good sense of humor is a major plus.
• Strong analytical skill, both qualitative and quantitative.
• Fluency in spoken and written Mandarin or Korean is a plus; Western European or Middle Eastern language skills are also desirable.
• Excellent office software skills and ability to touch type.
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY. THERE IS NO RELOCATION ASSOCIATED WITH THIS POSITION.
We are unable to provide sponsorship for this role.
Lux Research - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard -