The American Institutes for Research (AIR)’s International Research and Evaluation Program seeks to enhance the capacity of developing countries to improve their quality of life through evaluating the results of a variety of programmatic interventions. We currently are seeking a Research Associate to provide statistical, analytical, and some administrative support to staff located in Washington, D.C. (Georgetown).
- Collects, compiles, validates, interprets, and analyzes data and trends using standard practices and techniques.
- Performs computer modeling or simulation or simple to moderately complex forecasting using standard software packages.
- Applies quantitative and/or qualitative analysis techniques and methods.
- Works on moderately complex assignments under indirect supervision.
- Communicates project support needs and requests to senior management and clientele, provides administrative support where applicable.
- Conducts literature reviews and writes sections of proposals and deliverables.
- Responsible for maintaining and checking the accuracy of data for assigned projects.
- Utilizes external resources to supplement, organize, and contribute to tasks and projects.
- Leads and organizes content for focus groups.
- Travels to developing countries in support of data collection and analysis activities
- Master’s degree in the social sciences, statistics, quantitative methods or related field
- Experience with SAS/STATA or survey research required
- Experience with word processing, spreadsheet, and database software required;
- Must possess strong organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently on detailed assignments.
American Institutes for Research - 21 months ago
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) lives and breathes to enhance human performance. The not-for-profit organization conducts...