Position Code: 13-PD-16
Reports To: Principal Scientist
Department: Operations Development
As a member of the Development group, the research associate (Temp) will be responsible for, but not limited to the following :
- Perform various R&D assignments that require a good understanding of molecular biology and biochemistry knowledge, concepts and techniques
- Support activities in the Biochemistry Department to design, research, develop and implement processes in new DNA sample prep or library strategies
- Participate and contribute in weekly group meetings on experimental design, activity planning and troubleshooting, including reporting experimental results
- Execute experimental work plan in collaboration with other group members, providing technical expertise, materials and hands on support as needed to achieve departmental goals
- Collaborate and communicate experimental results with other development and production groups
Education and Experience Required:
- BS/MS in a life sciences (Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Genetics, or related science) and 2+ years of experience in a technical/laboratory role
- Experimental Biochemical or Molecular Biology hands-on skills are essential, as well as experience with Good Laboratory Practices and aseptic techniques.
- Familiarity with systems and processes used in molecular biology production environments, including use of SOPs and LIMS
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and planning skills, with great attention to detail and record-keeping in both lab notebook and electronic documentation
- Ability to carry out and develop standard operating procedures involving basic and advanced laboratory techniques, calculations, materials measurement, operation of laboratory equipment and record keeping
- Ability to follow protocols and pay attention to detail, with good problem solving and analytical thinking skills required
- Demonstrated strength in working within a team and with cross-functional partners, as well as ability to work effectively independently. Should be well organized, self-motivated and possess excellent time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to multitask and adapt to rapidly changing requirements, priorities and tight schedules
- Strong technical ability and demonstrated proficiency in performing and troubleshooting complex molecular biology systems
Complete Genomics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website, employees or Human Resources.
Complete Genomics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Complete Genomics and will be processed accordingly without fee.
Complete Genomics has the sole discretion to determine with whom we will enter into a contract. If you wish to work with Complete Genomics, please contact the Human Resources department at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Complete Genomics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Complete Genomics - 5 months ago
Complete Genomics was formed in 2005 by Dr. Clifford A. Reid and Dr. Radoje T. Drmanac, who shared a vision to provide academic and...