Manages the operation and maintenance of a state of the art, fee generating, multi-use isotope center. Collaborates with principal investigators and students in method development, sample analyses, and data interpretation. Provides input in the form of technical guidance and direction on various phases of isotopic research. |
Department URL Address:
Click here for more information
1. Designs, plans, implements and evaluates complex multifaceted research projects/systems, including method development, adaptation and validation.
2. Collaborates with PI to define research endeavors and the development of research hypothesis and approach.
3. Solves complex methodology, protocol, procedural and research problems through design of techniques, procedures and policies that will achieve research goals.
4. Develops long range plans for supplies and equipment to ensure smooth operation of laboratory.
5. Investigates, analyzes and evaluates complex data, data collection systems and methods to reach scientific conclusions and ensures the integrity of research data.
6. Collaborates with PI to coordinate major lab renovations working with Facilities, Health and Safety, and Purchasing to ensure deadlines, safety standards and purchases are according to plans and within budgets.
7. Prepares scientific reports and papers for research proposals and published reports.
8. May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Master’s Degree in a scientific discipline and three years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Thorough knowledge of stable isotope principles, instruments, and research techniques.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Excellent analytical skills to evaluate the feasibility of projects, analyze and coordinate resources, and provide recommendations.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Ability to teach and provide technical direction to users on how to prepare and run samples, and to reduce data into a usable form.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Demonstrated initiative and ability to prioritize tasks. Excellent time management skills to ensure timely completion of research projects.
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Demonstrated good communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with scientists and to supervise students in the lab.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
Two years of experience in a stable isotope laboratory. Experience running mass spectrometers or related analytical chemistry equipment. Broad knowledge of stable isotope instruments and research techniques. Prior experience managing the standards and protocols for each instrument and technique in a facility.
Weekend Hours Required?
Evening Hours Required?
Background Check Requirements
All external candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent on successful completion of a background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Yale University - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -
What do former President George W. Bush and actress Meryl Streep have in common? They are Yalies. Yale University is one of the...