EMD Serono is the biopharmaceutical division of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, a global pharmaceutical and chemical group. We strive to create value and benefit patients by transforming medical science into breakthrough solutions in our core therapeutic areas of neurodegenerative diseases, fertility and metabolic endocrinology, as well as oncology and autoimmune/inflammatory diseases as emerging areas of expertise.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain equipment in flow cytometry core and provide technical expertise to colleagues
- Set up and validate complex immune stainings. Analyze complex cell populations and operate FACS sorter.
- Operate clinical chemistry equipment. Measure samples and provide results to labs running in vivo models
- Maintain core equipment such as luminex, Elispot etc. Provide technical guidance to colleagues.
- Support research associates operating in vivo models as required.
- Execute in vitro cellular assays of B and T cell activation, innate immune activation etc. as required
- Analyze results and provide oral and written reports to Lab Head and group meetings.
- Follow scientific literature relevant to conducted experiments
- Show initiative within own area of expertise and propose new approaches and innovative technical solutions
- Gain and develop expertise in standard immunological techniques such as ELISA, flow cytometry, QPCR, biochemistry, luminex, etc
- Expert in flow cytometry (analysis and sorting), luminex assays
- Establish and master clinical chemistry and elispot analysis
- Plan and conduct in vitro experiments adhering to required quality standards. Record results in electronic lab notebook systems in a clear fashion, enabling repeat of experiments by other groups. Provide relevant data to other in vivo groups.
- Able to interpret results and solve problems. Able to present results in small groups. Provide clear and concise result summaries to lab head and small groups.
- Adapt technical protocols independently according to experimental needs. Work closely and proactively with lab head on experimental conduct and data analysis.
- Provide support to other research associates and labs.
- Closely work with research associates from all other in vivo groups to plan dosing of animals, recording of data, organization of final days of large in vivo experiments etc.
- Proficient in wide range of standard immunological techniques.
- Be responsible for implementing and maintaining a state-of-the-art laboratory environment.
EDUCATION & LANGUAGES
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Degree: Master’s or PhD in immunology, biology or related fields.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English.
PERSONAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Thorough understanding of flow cytometry and other in vitro and in vivo assays relevant to immunology such as elispot, luminex etc
- Hands-on experience in analyzing complex cell systems using flow cytometry.
- Experience in histology/immunohistochemistry a plus
- Capable of teaching relevant techniques to other research associates.
- 3-7 years experience in academia or industry. Would consider strong recent academia experience as a plus
- Track record of establishing new immunological models and methods a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Innovative thinking approach, excellent communication skills
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.
EMD Serono - 16 months ago
The Allstate Corporation serves as the holding company for Allstate Insurance Company. The Company’s business is conducted principally...