This position is limited to 08-24-2013 with extension contingent on funding.
Under the direction of the Principal Investigator(s), perform immunology, virology and molecular research work on viral immunology projects in a BSL2 laboratory setting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform independent research work under the direction of the Principal Investigator(s) including, but not limited to:
Perform viral immunology assays.
Perform molecular biology assays.
Present experimental results at scientific meetings.
Assist with writing grant proposals and scientific papers.
Responsible for laboratory maintenance, including the following:
Maintain laboratory supplies, equipment, biohazard waste and records.
Assist the Principal Investigator(s) by maintaining the paperwork required for compliance with the Office of Research Compliance and IRB, IACUC and IBC regulations for a BSL2 laboratory.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform research involving rodents as requested.
Perform other duties as assigned.
LICENSES, TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT:
Standard personal computer software, including, but not limited to, relational databases, spreadsheets, workflow, and project management.
ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES.
1) B.S. in biological sciences, with a minimum of five years of biological laboratory experience, or a master's degree in the biological sciences with laboratory experience.
2) Demonstrated experience as a laboratory technician, including one or more of the following: cell culture, ELISpot, flow cytometry, qPCR, western blotting.
3) Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills, and oral and written communication skills.
4) Demonstrated strong organizational skills.
5) Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding laboratory environment.
1) Demonstrated experience as a technician in a biosafety two laboratory.
2) Demonstrated experience in a viral immunology lab.
This position is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.