Monsanto is seeking a highly motivated individual with the ability to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary Research Team. The Research Associate will primarily be responsible for supporting the activities of the Testing Operations Manager (TOM) and the on-Site Breeders .
The Field Research Associate will have the opportunity to support Breeders in coordinating various nurseries, implementing and administering Standard Operating Procedures, QA/QC and safety procedures. This is an excellent opportunity to work with leading edge technology and talented cross functional scientists seeking to deliver the very best crop genetics.
• Preparation for/and planting, field plot maintenance, data collection and harvesting of nursery and yield trial material
• Administer the breeding nurseries and recruit, train, and develop temporary personnel.
• Oversee and assist in all Yield Trial functions and data collection operations.
Assist in seed shelling, setting up yield trial locations, and overseeing seed counting operations, files documentation and creation and information flow for yield trials.
Become proficient with Field Trial System software.
Work directly with yield trial cooperators to assure top quality data.
Work as part of a cross function team with breeders and yield trial operations at the Station.
• Interact with scientists and breeders on and off-site for project related needs,
• Participate in task-related document creation and process review for job-related activities
• Ensure that company assets are well-cared and properly maintained
• BS and at least 3 years of appropriate work experience within a Plant Breeding environment
Data Collection and Analysis
• Familiarity with breeding and research methodologies
• Knowledge of crop production, farming practices, and farm equipment operation and repair
• Documented individual leadership skills including excellent organizational and record keeping skills
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Computer skills in word processing and spreadsheet programs
• Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary/multicultural research team
• MS in Agronomy or related field
• Demonstrated an ability to write and speak fluently in English and work in interdisciplinary teams
- Have CDL or ability to obtain one
Monsanto - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard
Monsanto is one of the world’s leading agricultural technology companies. We’re a company committed to innovation, focused on...