Acumen LLC and The SPHERE Institute, affiliated small business and not-for-profit policy firms established by scholars from Stanford University in 1996, conduct public policy research and statistical analysis on health and social service programs at the national, state, and local levels. We are growing rapidly and seek new and experienced economists with strong quantitative analysis skills and interest in health and social service policy.
The majority of our current projects are in the areas of Medicare and Medicaid policy, particularly focusing on Medicare Part D and patient safety. We are also doing additional analysis work in the areas of child care, child protective services, services for people with HIV/AIDS, and services for people with developmental disabilities. Some of our current clients include:
As a result of our numerous federal and state government contracts, we have access to an extensive amount of healthcare and social welfare data. A small sampling of our current work includes:
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Social Security Administration (SSA)
- Congressional Budget Office
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- State of California Department of Health Services
- State of California Department of Developmental Services
- State of California Department of Social Services
Acumen and SPHERE are seeking Research Associates and Senior Research Associates to lead and support our research staff in data analysis and writing tasks for contracts with government agencies. Research Associates generally work on teams, conducting quantitative analyses, interacting with clients, writing reports, and directing statistical programmers. Senior Research Associates also manage projects and support proposal writing.
- Evaluating Pay for Performance in Medicare
- Using claims data to perform post-market surveillance of drugs and biologics
- Analyzing Medicare Part D claims data to assess variation in drug prices and utilization
- Understanding the implications of Medicare payment policies
- Creating research files that link with multiple survey data sources
- Assessing case-mix adjusted incident trends and multiple-medication use among individuals with developmental disabilities
- Collaborating with county social workers in developing a safety and risk assessment tool for childwelfare services, including analysis of case management data to identify factors leading to positive outcomes for children
- Developing a cost-effectiveness tool for federal HIV/AIDS initiatives targeted at marginalized populations
Candidates for Research Associate should have a Ph.D. in economics, statistics, public health, public policy, or a closely related field.
Candidates for Senior Research Associate should have a Ph.D. and at least five years of professional
Econometric skills, proficiency in SAS or Stata, and excellent interpersonal and communications skills are essential. Familiarity with large administrative datasets is desirable.
Salary is negotiable based on education and experience. Benefits provided. To apply, please e-mail a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Acumen and SPHERE are located in Burlingame, CA, about 15 miles south of San Francisco. Additional information is available at: www.acumenllc.com and www.sphereinstitute.org.
Hire Veterans - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard