AIR is one of the world’s leading non-profit organizations with over 1600 staff dedicated to our mission of conducting and applying the best behavioral and social science research to improve people’s lives, especially the disadvantaged. AIR’s Health and Social Development (H&SD) program is dedicated to promoting youth and family health and well-being –especially those in tough circumstances --by strengthening the many systems that serve them: health care, mental health, child welfare, juvenile justice, homeless shelters and supports, and education.
AIR's new Center on Aging within the H&SD program aims to move problem solving forward by correcting misunderstandings about aging and policies to address it; filling gaps in research and policy debates; synthesizing data to reveal the unfolding of the societal impacts of aging; and applying lessons learned from other historical changes to current challenges. Our evolving cross-disciplinary work spans medical research, health and labor economics, statistical and survey analysis and public policy analysis. Our work is created mainly for policy makers, researchers, and the media, but in some cases for broader audiences as well.
We are seeking a Research Associate to support the Center on Aging with research and writing, statistical and data analysis, data maintenance, administrative and project support relating to statistical trends, research synthesis, technological change and outcomes.
- Conduct literature searches utilizing library, computer and other sources.
- Maintain correspondence and records for projects.
- Write concise summaries of literature, interviews and meetings.
- Write, contribute to, and proof correspondence, memoranda, literature reviews, journal articles, publications, manuals and technical reports.
- Prepare and analyze data including using statistical packages using spreadsheets, databases, statistical software.
- Conduct telephone interviews and assist in the conduct of site interviews.
- Arrange meetings.
- Assist with project budgets and expenditures.
- Interact with client organizations in responding to requests for information.
- Assist with proposal management and writing.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to project staff.
- Manage smaller tasks, i.e. writing, process or quantitative.
- Master's degree or Master's program in a social science or related substantive area.
- 1-2 years related associate-level research experience.
- Demonstrated ability to write, think, operate, follow through and follow up independently.
- Substantive knowledge in an area of research complementary to AIR.
- Data analysis experience using SAS, STATA or SPSS.
American Institutes for Research - 8 months ago
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) lives and breathes to enhance human performance. The not-for-profit organization conducts...