The American Institutes for Research (AIR) Workforce program works collaboratively with clients to examine a wide range of projects involving individual and organizational performance. We are currently seeking a Research Associate for a position located in Washington, D.C. You will support current and future project efforts in a variety of areas. The Research Associate provides statistical, analytical, and some administrative support to the specific program area and works under the general supervision of senior management.
• Collects, compiles, validates, interprets, and analyzes data and trends using standard practices and techniques.
• Performs computer modeling or simulation or simple to moderately complex forecasting using standard software packages.
• Applies quantitative and/or qualitative analysis techniques and methods.
• Works on moderately complex assignments under indirect supervision.
• Communicates project support needs and requests to senior management and clientele, provides administrative support where applicable.
• Conducts literature reviews and writes sections of proposals and deliverables.
• Responsible for maintaining and checking the accuracy of data for assigned projects.
• Utilizes external resources to supplement, organize, and contribute to tasks and projects.
• Leads and organizes content for focus groups.
• Bachelor’s degree with 2-4 years of relevant work experience in the social sciences or related field or Master’s degree preferred.
• Must possess strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work independently on detailed assignments.
• Experience with word processing, spreadsheet, and database software required.
• Experience with SPSS/SAS or survey research preferred.
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) lives and breathes to enhance human performance. The not-for-profit organization conducts...