Our client in San Diego, CA is looking for a Research Associate I. This is a long term consulting position. If interested, Please apply to this ad.
Position: Research Associate I
Location: San Diego, CA
- The Neuroscience team is currently seeking a Research Associate on a temporary basis for nine months to conduct research into novel therapeutics for the treatment of CNS disorders.
- In particular, the successful candidate will be expected to develop and run screening assays using state-of-the-art automated patch-clamp platforms, as well as perform data analysis and interpretation. Involvement in other assay platforms, such as fluorescence-based functional assays (e.g., FLIPR), is also a possibility.
- Additional responsibilities include routine maintenance of cell cultures and automated patch clamp instruments.
- The qualified candidate will have a Bachelors degree with at least 3 years of lab experience, or a Masters degree with at least 1 year of lab experience.
- Experience in neuroscience, electrophysiology, biochemistry, molecular biology or a related field is required.
- A working knowledge of ion channels and experience with manual patch-clamp and/or automated patch-clamp electrophysiology are strongly preferred.
- Experience in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology company setting is a plus. Experience in additional cell-based assays, such as FLIPR assays, is also desirable.
- It is essential that the successful candidate be self-motivated, team orientated and productive with proven scientific problem-solving skills.
- 18 months ago - save job