South San Francisco, California for 1 Year
• We are seeking a Research Assistant/Associate who must have experience in executing and developing purification processes for recombinant proteins, preferably from mammalian and bacterial expression systems.
• Apply analytical tools for protein characterization, identification and quantification.
• Demonstrate ability to handle several projects simultaneously, and maintain timely documentation of laboratory work.
• Play a key role in the day to-day, hands-on performance of laboratory work and be capable to troubleshoot assay related problems.
• Presenting results and experimental information in a group setting and to collaborating departmental colleagues.
• This position requires a B.S. or M.S. in Biological Science (Protein Biochemistry, Bioengineering, Molecular Biology, or equivalent field).
• Hands-on Experience working with chromatography instrumentation like AKTA / AVANT and Agilent HPLC is a must.
• Current skills with protein purification and analytical techniques like HIC / IEX and SEC chromatography, SDS - PAGE and Western Blot are expected.
• Experience with basic molecular biology techniques, like PCR , DNA isolation, sub cloning and bacterial transformation is preferred.
• Experience with assay development, liquid handling instrumentation and ELISA a plus, but not required.
• Must be a quick learner who is self-motivated and enthusiastic with good organizational and time management skills.
• Able to multitask and produce quality results under tight timelines and an ability to work independently and in a team.
• Ability to efficiently and effectively communicate in a one-on-one and group setting is essential….