The Research Department at LPL Financial is seeking a Research Associate to join our team of almost 35 investment professionals. This individual will work in our shared service area and be responsible for handling business-related functions of the Research team, uncovering information necessary to position new initiatives, and tracking the usage and effectiveness of our output to help formulate thoughtful distribution strategies. |
The Research Associate will support a wide-range of business- and investment-related tasks. This individual needs to be comfortable performing pure administrative duties at some times, but have an appetite to be more business- and project-oriented overall. Some examples of projects that are currently pending include: managing relationships with our software and data vendors, running point on the audit of our house accounts by a third-party auditor, working to determine how to take data that we have and turn it into business decision-making information, and helping to facilitate communications with other departments with which we work closely.
This position is an entry-level one into the ever-changing environment of a large research team and offers an ability to learn all areas and elements of the team itself and ways in which the team interacts with other groups. This individual should have the ability to manage complex situations, define the actions necessary to effectively execute an event, and see it through to a complete resolution. The position requires the ability to work independently and as part of a team. The right candidate will demonstrate self-motivation, high-energy, tenacity, perseverance, and attention to detail.
The candidate will ideally possess the following competencies and attributes:
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
- Bachelor's degree in business related field
- 2-3 years of previous work or internship experience in a corporate setting—ideally in the financial services industry;
- Attainment of or work towards a financial industry or service-related certifications are a plus;
- Superior communications skills, both oral and written;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and web-based applications;
- Some knowledge of investment-related software (ex. Morningstar, Zephyr, FactSet, MPI) is a plus;
- A demonstrated ability to establish priorities and meet goals;
- An extreme attention to detail and minutia;
- A belief that there should always be contingency plans;
- Articulate, confident, driven professional with the ability to work with like-minded professionals in a results-oriented, fast-paced, and growing environment;
- Unimpeachable ethical standards and a strong work ethic;
- Desire to contribute to the success and growth of an organization;
- Positive, customer-focused attitude and demeanor with desire to provide consistent, outstanding customer service; and
- An appetite for using this role as a way to get into a research group with the goal of taking on more responsibility.
Go back to the welcome page
Need further assistance?
Applicant Tracking Software
LPL Financial Services - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard