Monsanto is seeking a Research Associate to become part of the Chemistry Organization.
This position will be responsible for research test development and implementation of whole plant greenhouse and growth chamber experiments using existing herbicide chemistry. This will include a working knowledge of herbicide chemistry, test protocol design, data collection and results analysis. Reporting of test results in a team based environment will also be a major responsibility.
Responsibilities will encompasses all aspects of weedy plant horticulture and crop science including knowledge of laboratory spray systems, herbicides, data collection, data analysis, use of common computer software and a working knowledge of standard greenhouse operations.
Additional duties include coordinating projects with the greenhouse production manager and various research biologists, and assisting in the overall operation of the Creve Cœur controlled environment complex.
- BS in Agronomy, Botany, Biology, or Weed Science is required.
- Working knowledge of herbicides
- Understanding of plant growth and development, and research methods.
- Good team skills
- The ability to coordinate multiple tasks on a daily basis, and rapidly adjust to evolving research needs
- The ideal candidate will have an M.S. in Agronomy, Weed Science, or Botany with good knowledge of plant growth and experimental design.
- Previous experience in greenhouse research testing with crops (corn, soy, cotton, wheat) and weed species.
- Prior experience with greenhouse and laboratory automation and automated data handling is also desirable
Monsanto - 19 months ago
Monsanto is one of the world’s leading agricultural technology companies. We’re a company committed to innovation, focused on...