Do you want to spend your workdays thinking about and making a difference in the fields that really interest you? Join The NPD Group and become a part of the global leader in the field of market information and analyst services for a wide range of industries including Automotive, Beauty, Commercial Technology, Consumer Technology, Entertainment, and Fashion!
Since 1966, NPD has possessed expertise across the industries that make the products you eat, wear, use, play, retailers you shop at, and restaurants you visit. Companies use our consumer panel, retail sales tracking services, special reports, and custom research to understand who is buying, what, where, and why at the international, national, and store levels.
NPD’s Research Sciences Group works to ensure that NPD’s market information is of the highest quality; in particular, that it is reliable, accurate, and complete. We monitor the systems that ensure quality components, such as demographic balance of questionnaire responses, biases in reporting due to such factors as human memory capacity or response fatigue, and the control of data outliers.
We are seeking a Research Sciences Associate to handle the following:
• Assist Senior Managers in improving methodologies, process, procedures, and data integrity for both the consumer and POS databases.
• Support Senior Management team with research design, data analysis and presentation preparation for internal and external clients.
• Proactively help to resolve data integrity issues, methodological glitches, as well as any additional issues that arise under the direction of the manager.
• Process and analyze data using SAS, Excel and NPD’s proprietary software, PowerView.
• Learning NPD’s proprietary software, such as PowerView.
• 0-3 years of experience with a basic understanding of research and research methodologies and statistical techniques with a background in social sciences, market research, or statistics.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Proficient in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Ability to work well on a team as well as independently
• Experience with SPSS and/or SAS, preference is SAS
• BA/BS degree or equivalent.
The NPD Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
NPD Group - 21 months ago
The NPD Group helps its more than 2,000 clients fatten their coffers by giving them the skinny on consumer behavior. A global market...