The Research Associate position was created for individuals who are interested in enhancing their knowledge set and working in a fast paced environment. The Research Associate's primary responsibility is to provide research and administrative support for the firm’s internal Investment Banking and Financial Analysts, as well as other team members. The Research Associate will work on research projects and other challenging knowledge management project opportunities. Working alongside a group of investment bankers grants the Research Associate constant exposure to a ‘behind the scenes’ perspective on the investment banking industry.
The company has numerous research databases (see below) for retrieval of data and information to deliver:
* Secondary research for financial and statistical data on companies and industries
* General company and industry information
* Research for creating pitch books or company specific and industry reports
* News runs on a specific industry or topic
* Bloomberg data and research
* Stock ownership data
* M&A deal specific information and statistics
* SDC analysis (premium paid and fee analysis)
Additional Research and Administrative Responsibilities:
* Information management and document distribution in virtual data rooms, like Microsoft SharePoint
* Maintaining and organizing a buyer’s list/log for inter-departmental cost allocation
* Ability to handle fluctuating priorities with efficiency and accuracy, including coordination with offshore delivery team supporting similar efforts.
* Ability to proactively manage existing priorities and initiative to seek out additional responsibilities
* Strong communication skills to provide fluidity across working relationships
* Strong work ethic, enthusiastic attitude, and eager team contributor
* Knowledge of economics, finance and/or accounting is preferred but not required
* Undergraduate in Library Sciences, Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, or Statistics. MBA or CFA (any Level) a plus
* BA/CA with 1-2 years of experience in financial research and analysis. Experience in working with financial services and related organizations including brokerage firms, third party research outfits, investment banks, private equity firms, corporate finance firms, etc.
* Good understanding of financial statements, analyst transcripts and corporate earnings guidance
* Adept use of public information and proficiency with multiple proprietary third-party tools and databases
* Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical capabilities
* Proficiency with MS Office Suite and intermediate to advanced computing skills
* Exposure to any of the following data sources
ISI Emerging Markets
IHS Global Insight
Thomson One Banker
Employee Referral Bonus eligible: No
Menlo Park, California
Menlo Park, CA
RR Donnelley is a global provider of integrated communications. The company works collaboratively with more than 60,000 customers worldwide...