Assist scientists in the discovery of new catalyst and process technology. Supports research and development activities for the development of proprietary solutions resulting in new products, platform technologies and productivity. May collaborate with internal stakeholders.
• Assist scientists in the preparation / analysis of novel catalyst and in discovery of new process technology.
• Ability to conduct experiments with the guidance of scientists.
• Capable of analyzing products and collating data for interpretation.
• Ability to conduct hands-on experience and troubleshoot analytical instrument, & other equipment controlling temperature, pressure, mass flow, and in-line sampling
• Maintain inventory & order chemicals, reactors, and, instrument / reactor parts
• Repair micro-reactors & other instruments as needed.
• Executes single-discipline simple research projects with significant oversight
• Continuously performs work in accordance with safety guidelines
• Delivers individual contribution in accordance with project deadlines
• Participate in various committees.
• Performs other essential functions, which may be assigned by management. Management shall have the right to add or change duties at any time.
Education & Training:
The successful candidate should have a BS or MS degree in Chemistry, Chemical Eng., or applicable experience.
• Research and/or work experience preferred in the operation of laboratory reactors & / or catalyst preparation for evaluation of hydrocarbon chemistry, involving heterogeneous & / or homogeneous catalysts and experience with gas chromatographic analysis.
• No minimum years of relevant experience in related field required.
• Good skills in laboratory chemistry required, and basis chemical safety skills are a must.
• Strong mechanical ability is a plus, in particular as it applies to laboratory and bench scale unit operations (e.g., reactors, distillation).
• Analytical skills
• Ability to comprehend technical papers and reports
• PC knowledge (Excel, MS Word, Power Point, etc.) and familiarity with on-line process control and instrumentation in laboratory equipment.
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Aptitude and desire for hands-on experimental work
• Knowledge of modern analytical instrumentation and capability
• Works effectively and comfortably independently and in a team environment
• Ability to follow company safety guidelines in the laboratory
• Mechanical competence
• You must submit your application for employment online to be considered. Please submit your resume using the apply online option on this page.
• You must be 18 years or older
• You must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process
• You must be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process
• You must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
SABIC Innovative Plastics - 9 months ago