Research Associate will work as a member of the cell line development group within the Bioprocess Development department at Seattle Genetics. The Research Associate will report to the Director of Cell Line Development and work in collaborative setting with other process development staff on CMC and technology development projects. RA’s primary responsibility will involve developing expression plasmids and cell lines that express recombinant proteins for use in the clinic. Success at working independently at the bench including proactive planning and execution of complex experimental protocols, record keeping, data analysis, technical report writing and presentations at department meetings will be required. Adherence to lab protocols and procedures in a process development environment is expected.
- BS or BE
- 5 years or more years of experience in mammalian recombinant protein expression technologies.
- Understanding and technical excellence in cell culture and molecular cell biology methods is essential.
- Additional experience in media development and process development is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in teams, problem solve, and good communication skills are required.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and basic statistical methods is expected.