Division: Product Biology
Function: Product Biology
State/Province: Florida [FL]
Country: United States [US]
Position Title: Research Associate 1 - (Nematology)
Job ID: 4456
Syngenta is one of the world’s leading companies with 27,000 employees in over 90 countries dedicated to one purpose: bringing plant potential to life. We contribute to addressing some of the planet’s most critical issues such as the rising demand for food from a growing population.
Working for Syngenta offers you the opportunity to play a part in addressing one of the most urgent challenges facing global agriculture today where we need to feed 200,000 more people every day.*
Come be part of our good growth plan: one planet, six commitments:
Make crops more efficient, rescue more farmland and help biodiversity flourish; empower smallholders, help people stay safe and look after each worker. * Our work matters.
There has never been a better time to join Syngenta!
- Support nematology process development research
- Support laboratory manufacturing and downstream processing
- Support lab manager
- Maintain levels of bacterial, nematode and plant cultures as required for research and QC laboratories.
- Coordinate activities with these labs to ensure timely availability of cultures.
- Perform work in accordance with SOP's and document same.
- Maintain laboratory notebook and other records in accordance with scientific practice and company policy
- Maintains cultures of bacteria, nematodes, and plants according to established protocols.
- Supplies cultures to other researchers; cleans glassware and other laboratory equipment.
- Summarizes data and supplies it to other researchers.
- May perform experiments under supervision
- Perform all activities in accordance with the Syngenta Health, Safety, and Environmental Policy
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
Critical knowledge: :
- Microbiological culture techniques;
- Plant tissue culture and greenhouse culture techniques;
- Nematology process/techniques
- A.S. or B.S. in microbiology or biotechnology, nematology or similar field.
- Training or coursework in laboratory safety and basic chemical handling
Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities:
- Clear communication is essential both oral and written
- Flexibility and adaptable while working in a dynamic team environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Critical leadership capabilities:
- Focus energy on must wins (i.e. Considers choices and trade-off to make tough decisions, pursues objectives with intensity)
- Manage performance to high standards (i.e. Skillfully plans, organizes and monitors performance to create value)
- Align individual and team objectives to maximize flexibility and create positive environment for the site
Critical Success Factors & Key Challenges:
- Clear verbal and written communication skills
- Must work well in high-throughput team environment with direction coming from multiple sources and responsibilities to multiple stakeholders
- Must demonstrate the ability to prioritize and handle numerous and complex tasks at once
- Must demonstrate excellent understanding of agronomy and horticultural practises
- Must demonstrate capability in regards to current agricultural practices
- Ability to function in a technology based working environment
- Ability to interact well with 3rd party vendors, collaborators and remote colleagues
- Must demonstrate good self-motivating, self-managing and time management skill sets
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
- Travel = 5%
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
Syngenta - 15 months ago
Plagues of locusts, weevils, or any other kind of crop-destroying bugs were no match for Syngenta Crop Protection. The subsidiary of...