At Synthetic Genomics, Inc., we are dedicated to developing and commercializing genomic-driven solutions to address global challenges. We are currently seeking a Research Associate II to join our fast-growing, dynamic and collaborative team in La Jolla, CA.
With direction and supervision from scientist, the Research Associate II will execute innovative experimental research to improve heterotrophic microorganisms for the production of valuable food and/or other bio-based products.
- Excellent skills in propagation of microorganisms are required, with particular emphasis on aseptic technique and clonal propagation.
- As directed by scientist, execute research plans towards screening and evaluating classical improved or metabolic engineered microorganisms for the production of valuable food and/or other bio-based products.
- Assembly and operation of small scale fermentations that include shake flasks, micro24’s and bioreactors.
- Interface effectively with all members of the process development team as well as contacts in Strain Development Team to support transition of leads from discovery into process development.
- Provide additional support within the process development team as instructed.
- Participate in developing and documenting standard operating procedures.
- Generate detailed and complete notebooks; present data-supported conclusions in written and oral reports.
- Conduct advanced information analysis; present and convey complex issues across functional areas.
- Perform comprehensive literature reviews and summarize as required.
- Consistently demonstrate initiative and follow-through in implementing projects and tasks.
- Requires M.S. degree in Bio-/Chemical Engineering, Microbiology, Biotechnology or related discipline, or a BS degree with 3 year experience.
- Background in the practice of continuous improvement of processes in manufacturing and/or engineering. Furthermore a candidate with a strong mathematical and engineering background is preferred
- Working knowledge and experience with different types of bioreactors is essential.
- Experience in the molecular biology or physiology of heterotrophic algae is a plus.
- Advanced data analysis and presentation via written & oral format in a concise, clear manner is essential
Synthetic Genomics, Inc. - 12 months ago