Performs specialized work in the planning, conducting and/or supervising of original research. Responsible for participating in, planning, scheduling and/or supervising research projects and the interpretation of the results for publication. Work is performed under general supervision with evaluation based on accomplishment of assigned objectives and overall effectiveness of project. May supervise research and student assistants.
- Adheres to federal, state and institutional policies and procedures as related to the conduct of human subject research and HIPAA compliance.
- Responsible for cell culture work, molecular biology work including Western blot, Northern blot, cloning the plasmids, Real time PCR , invasion/migration assays.
- Performs with different route of injections, dissecting animals and preparation of mice tissues for histological and immunocytochemical analysis.
- Responsible for day to day maintenance of lab and lab equipment, including ordering supplies, dishwashing, etc.
- Other duties are required to ensure the smooth operation of research lab and to facilitate the conduct of approved research study.
- Performs digital imaging of tissues, perform survival surgeries on rats and mice.
- Collects, records, maintains and interprets data.
May supervise research and student assistants
Master’s degree or specialized academic training beyond the Bachelor’s level in a particular field of science or engineering equivalent to a Master’s degree. One year research experience. Knowledge of modern research practices, the methods, resources, and standards thereof.
Master’s degree in Biology/molecular biology/genetics.
Security Level (TTU only)
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
If yes, are select agents used in this laboratory?
Texas Tech University HSC - El Paso
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
1/3 to 2/3 of time: Stand; Walk; Sit
>2/3 of time: Use hands to finger, handle, feel; Reach with hands and arms; Talk or hear.
Weight to be lifted or force be exerted
Lift up to 10 pounds-1/3 to 2/3 of time
Lift up to 25 pounds-Under 1/3 of time
Exposure to the following environmental conditions
< 1/3 of time: Toxic or caustic chemicals; Risk of radiation
Hourly Pay Range
0 - 0
Monthly Pay Range
0 - 0
Internal Candidates Only?
Internal Cand Open Date
Internal Cand Closing Date
The entities of the Texas Tech University System are Equal Opportunity Employers and employ without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or other protected classes.