Reporting to the Director of Research, the Research Associate will play a critical role in ensuring that the Education Trust’s practice and policy work is informed by the most current education research being conducted. The Research Associate will conduct primary and secondary research that will inform discussion and debate among education decision-makers at the national, state, and local levels.
The Research Associate’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Qualifications and Expectations
- Identify key research questions and analyze data from nationally representative longitudinal studies and secondary data sources to bring new information to bear on student experiences in school, opportunity and achievement gaps, factors that contribute to the achievement gap, and ways to close the gap;
- Use excel or SPSS to analyze school and district data to identify improvement patterns and indicators of success that can be used to identify schools and districts for further study;
- Develop interviews, surveys, and focus group protocols for the systematic collection of data from educators and students in schools;
- Read, evaluate, and integrate the varied academic and policy research relating to key issues in education pre-K through college (such as high school reform efforts) to inform the Education Trust’s positions;
- Write and edit research briefs, reports, and position papers; and
- Give external presentations on the Education Trust’s research and policy positions.
- Strong interest and background in education research focused on equity and excellence for all children;
- Possession of a doctorate, master’s degree, or equivalent in education, psychology, or related field;
- Knowledge of research methodology and design to be able to effectively interpret the validity and significance of findings;
- Demonstrated proficiency with statistical analysis (SPSS). Analysis with nationally representative samples a plus;
- Ability to translate and communicate results of complex, nuanced research findings to diverse audiences, as well as the ability to write clearly and concisely; and
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively planning research projects, collecting and analyzing data, and presenting findings.
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. The Education Trust offers a comprehensive benefits package.
The Education Trust - 15 months ago