Growing and fast moving Diagnostics Company is seeking a Research Associate/Chemist II to join their winning team.
Research Chemist II will be a member of the Product Development team at reporting to the Product Development Manager, and will participate in the development, optimization, and production of assays and reagents for protein and nucleic acid testing. The Research Chemist II will play an integral role in developing systems and production processes, analyzing data, and writing reports. A critical aspect of the work of the Research Chemist II is independent, accurate, and precise completion of laboratory experiments and assay runs as well as following cGMP and policies and procedures for reagent manufacturing.
- Assay development and troubleshooting for multiplex assays, platforms, and systems including, but not limited to: ELISA, MSD, Luminex, Bio-plex, and searchlight.
- Accurately weigh, pipette, and transfer biological materials to prepare reagent components and bulk reagents for assay development and production lots.
- Accurately and precisely complete wet chemistry tasks (pH determinations, reagent reconstitution, serial dilutions, small volume pipetting, etc.)
- Prepare biological reagents and perform protein analysis using ELISA and multiplexed bead-based assays or nucleic acid analysis using PCR molecular biology techniques
- Using personal protective equipment at all times to work with potentially biohazardous specimens and preventing exposure to self and others
- Participate in developing and accurately following cGMP compliant methods and protocols
- Participate in the development of specifications for products
- Participate in the preparation of reports and protocols for regulatory submissions
- BS in Life Sciences with 3-5 years experience, or MS in Life Sciences with 1-2 years experience, in relevant jobs, with a strong knowledge of protein and/or nucleic acid analytical chemistry
- Precise visual acuity and manual dexterity to effectively use precision pipettors
- Be able to stand at a lab bench for up to 2 hr at a time working with hands to prepare materials and run ELISA-like assays and PCR assays
- Be able to use sophisticated computer controlled laboratory immunoassay and PCR analyzers and be able to recognize and respond to visual and audible warnings and cues
- Technical skills in protein chemistry and protein work and/or molecular biology and nucleic acid work: experience with ELISA, bead-based assays, protein array and/or other multiplex protein detection systems and/or reverse transcriptase, PCR, and real-time quantitative PCR procedures
- Strong analytical skills with proficiency in analysis of data using Excel or other analysis software
- Knowledge and understanding of cGMP and ISO guidelines in a laboratory environment
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work very effectively in a team