The 4LTR Press Research Coordinator manages both logistical and promotional needs of 4LTR Press customer outreach in person and virtually for market research and market seeding.
The Research Coordinator will work with directly with the Product Director of 4LTR Press on brand-wide prototyping initiatives, as well as the course-specific needs of the 4LTR Press Product Management group. This position works with cross-functional product teams across Cengage Learning.
- Responsible for overall strategic vision and plan for products and the entire portfolio in order to achieve or exceed strategic goals for market share, top-line, and profit growth. Requires a minimum level of supervision to accomplish goals.
- Proactively organizes and facilitates prescribed and customized customer (primarily student-customer) outreach to drive the Student-Tested, Faculty-Approved developmental approach of 4LTR Press, including setting up focus groups on college campuses or at Cengage Learning offices, distributing surveys, exploring new ways to recruit student-customers to provide feedback.
- Maintains a list of student outreach resources, including favorable locations, past student participants, and other information that facilitates that gathering of student input efficiently
- Works directly with the Product Director to develop and maintain a current profile of the student-customer including executing proprietary studies and leveraging third-party information.
- Supports 4LTR Press Product Managers in product-level development, and is available to assist in sales activities.
- Brainstorms and aggregates prototypes and samples of both print and digital materials from for ongoing testing with students including: chapter mock-ups, flash cards, audio and video resources, ebooks, apps, interactive quizzes, etc.
- Influences future iterations of 4LTR Press through ongoing feedback loops with customers and sales representatives, competitive tracking, and campus travel. Interacts with 4LTR Press management with regards to emerging patterns – product and business model-related – to shape future versions of 4LTR Press.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, English, or similar field
- Strong organizational, written, and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to think critically, and demonstrate interest and willingness to explore different ideas from within and beyond the content industry.
- Ability to communicate well with internal and external customers, including students, faculty, administrators, and CL colleagues. Knowledge of different social media platforms a plus.
- Must be comfortable working in a change environment and playing an evangelical role in an evolving business model.
- Interpersonal Savvy. Outstanding communication skills along with the capacity to work within corporate and entrepreneurial environments.
- Creativity. Ability to champion and execute market-oriented new and innovative approaches, ideas, methods, processes, products and services.
- Drive for Results. “Can-do” attitude and persistence. Proven track record of success.
- Have the desire and ability to put company needs ahead of personal goals.
- Proficient with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Cengage Learning is an equal opportunity employer, committed to attracting and retaining a talented and diverse workforce. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
Cengage Learning - 17 months ago
Cengage Learning is a leading educational content, technology, and services company for the higher education and K-12, professional and...