The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks a qualified candidate to fill the position of Research Coordinator for the Markets, Trade and Institutions Division for a two-year, fixed-term, appointment. Under the supervision of Division Director and working in close collaboration with Senior Research Fellows, the Research Coordinator will coordinate value chain projects under the Agriculture for Nutrition and Health (A4NH) Program. This position based at IFPRI headquarters in Washington, DC.
- Coordinate A4NH value chain research activities with other CGIAR centers, private sector partners and civil society
- Design and evaluate gender components of A4NH value chain research
- Assist in building networks and capacity development for A4NH value chain research
- Work with A4NH program to ensure that MTID value chain activities are aligned with A4NH priorities and goals
- Writes and edits reports, papers, policy briefs, and journal articles.
- Design presentation and outreach materials.
- PhD in Economics Agricultural Economics, International Development, International Relations with a minimum of 3-5 years of relevant work experience ; or Masters degree in Economics Agricultural Economics, International Development, International Relations, or related field, with 4 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in developing training materials on the collection and use of gender-disaggregated data and statistics
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize results from social science research for the development community, including policy makers, policy advisers, and researchers
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to interact and communicate with diverse audiences
- Attention to detail
- Ability and willingness to travel nationally and internationally as necessary
- Experience with multilateral organizations in collecting gender-disaggregated agricultural statistics
- Proficiency in a second language of the U.N. system.
IFPRI (International Food Policy Research Institute) - 13 months ago