The Research Coordinator is responsible for coordinating activities related to proposal development and submission, supporting all phases of research administration including both pre-award and non-financial post-award processing of grants and contracts. This position provides administrative support to the Director, plans and organizes events, and maintains the departmental website.
HS Diploma or equivalent
Experience may not be substituted for the education requirement.
Related experience, such as experience in research administration of federal and non-federal grants, grant submissions, and post award management; some experience in an administrative role.
May substitute additional related education, above and beyond what is required, on an equivalent year for year basis in lieu of the experience requirement.
Other Skills Required
- Must be able to multitask, prioritize, have excellent time management and be able to meet deadlines.
- Must exhibit excellent customer service, presentation skills, oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Must be able to quickly adapt to changes regulations, requirements, policies and procedures.
- Must have strong analytical skills.
- Familiarity with Excel.
- Must be able to work in a team-based environment.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Knowledge of federal funding mechanisms, especially AFOSR, ARO, DARPA, DOD, DOE, NSF and NIH.
- Must have demonstrated decision-making ability and good judgment.
- Must be able to interpret complex regulations and requirements.
Experience working in a university setting.
Other Skills Preferred
Familiarity with Edgar/Banner, Cayuse (SP and 424), federal agency webpages and grants.gov. Experience in web design, particularly skilled in HTML and CSS coding.
Ability to work in front of a computer for up to 8 hours a day. Ability to move about campus.
(e.g. Weekend/evening work, travel, inclement weather, hazards)
Salary Commensurate with Experience and Qualifications
Job Posting Category
Eligible for Overtime
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Eligible for Shift Differential
Not Shift Differential Eligible
You have to be as wise as an owl to attend Rice University, and have really good SAT scores. Often referred to as the "Ivy League of...