Under direct faculty supervision within the Department of Public Health of Weill Medical College of Cornell University and at New York Presbyterian Hospital, the candidate will perform various evidence review, meta-analysis and database research activities at Weill Medical College.
• Participates in various research studies related to evidence appraisal for various medical devices/procedures
• Participates in team meetings for the research projects. Coordinates the research with our Food and Drug Administration partners. Makes significant contribution to research studies and assists in developing manuscripts with potential to serve as a co-author on peer-reviewed journal articles.
• Performs medical literature reviews (systematic review experience preferred), with direction from the faculty.
• Performs administrative and claims research database analyses.
• Assists with the preparation of presentations.
• Assists in preparing Institutional Review Board (IRB) applications and submissions (initially supervised). Maintains files of IRB approvals and coordinates re-submissions in a timely manner.
• Master’s degree is a plus
inimum of 2 years
of experience in an academic heathcare research facility.
Highly Desired Requirements
• Possess good time management skills and the ability to manage several concurrent tasks. The candidate should have knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel; experience with one of the software packages (i.e. SAS, STATA) is needed.
Skill and Abilities
• Meta-analysis experience is not necessary but basic knowledge is preferred.
• Excellent literature review skills and good statistical analysis skills related to large databases. Knowledge of epidemiology and health services research methods is a plus.
No relocation assistance is provided for this position.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Founded in 1898, and affiliated with what is now New York-Presbyterian Hospital since 1927, Weill Cornell Medical College is among the top-ranked clinical and medical research centers in the country. In addition to offering degrees in medicine, Cornell also has Ph.D. programs in biomedical research and education at the Weill Graduate School of Medical Sciences, and with neighboring Rockefeller University and the Sloan-Kettering Institute, has established a joint MD-PhD. program for students to intensify their pursuit of Cornell
's triple mission of education, research, and patient care.
Weill Cornell Medical College's educational mission emphasizes the importance of combining a strong foundation in the medical sciences with extensive clinical training in patient care. By promoting a true social commitment, stimulating creativity, and fostering independent thought and study, Weill Cornell Medical College continues to cultivate the best of tomorrow's leaders in the field of medicine.
Weill Cornell Medical College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer.
Weill Cornell Medical College - 23 months ago