Work to address the environmental concerns of the research facility and program in relation to cleanliness, sanitation and organization.
Employee will meet high expectations of following a weekly schedule of sanitation, care and maintenance of floors, facilities and equipment. Employee will exercise energy, talent and effort in direction of cleanliness, general sanitation, collection and removal of waste (normal and biohazard), floor maintenance (sweep/dust mop, wet mop, buff, strip and wax), carpet care and maintenance (vacuum and shampoo)..etc.
- Assists in seeing that all environmental concerns are addressed.
- Must maintain knowledge of SOPs pertaining to environmental issues relating to the care of each laboratory.
- Must be able to provide laboratory assistance in case of emergency. As a result, must be fully knowledgeable in all
SOPs pertaining to safety and maintenance.
- Must be able to provide necessary sanitation to all laboratory and support areas.
- Must also be knowledgeable in area of waste transportation. Responsible for daily collection and disposal of all types
- Observes safety procedures in use of all environmental equipment.
- Maintains proper maintenance of equipment used for environmental purposes.
- Demonstrates knowledge of equipment needing repair and notifying supervisor or other appropriate personnel.
- Must be capable of operating all environmental equipment.
- Cleans assigned floor surfaces as required with no more than three written deficiencies annually.
- Uses proper methods in disinfecting and treating floor and wall surfaces in accordance with SOPs.
- Must be educated in area of chemical spillage and treatment of floors.
- Cleans assigned walls, ceilings, windows, vents, equipment and counter tops as required with no more than three
written deficiencies annually.
Supplies and Inventory
- Responsible for inventory and ordering of environmental supplies for assigned areas.
- Demonstrates proper use of cleaning supplies and chemicals in daily assignments.
- Maintains knowledge of accurate mixtures of cleaning supplies and chemicals.
- Exercises safety precautions in use of chemicals and supplies.
Performs other duties.
- Moving and relocating furniture
- Respond to unscheduled developments such as leaks or spills
- Performs project assignments such as stripping and waxing floors
- Provide cleaning assistance for AAALAC Site Visits in the animal facility
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
1 year total experience required
which includes 1 year of custodial and environmental experience.
In addition, applicant is required have experience in floor care, VCT, Carpet, Hard Wood, and sealed epoxy this includes but is not
limited to sweeping, dust mopping, wet mopping, buffing, stripping, waxing..etc. Experience with side by side machine as well as a walk behind floor burnisher. experience
Floor experience utilizing a side by side machine and a walk behind floor burnisher
Physical Activity - Stand
Physical Activity - Walk
Physical Activity - Sit
Physical Activity - Use hands to touch, handle, or feel
Physical Activity - Reach with hands and arms
Physical Activity - Climb or balance
Physical Activity - Stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, twist, or bend
Physical Activity - Talk or hear
Physical Environment - Inside Office Environment / conditions
Physical Environment - Wet or humid conditions (non-weather)
Physical Environment - Work in high, precarious places
Physical Environment - Fumes or airborne particles
Physical Environment - Toxic or caustic chemicals
Physical Environment - Blood or bodily fluid
Physical Environment - Elevated surfaces or equipment (including ladders, lifts, scaffolding)
Physical Environment - Slippery or uneven surfaces
Lifting/Pushing/Pulling Weight - Up to 10 pounds
Lifting/Pushing/Pulling Weight - Up to 25 pounds
Lifting/Pushing/Pulling Weight - Up to 35 pounds
Lifting/Pushing/Pulling Weight - Up to 50 pounds
• (Manage safely with assistance of equipment or another person)
Noise Level - In general, the noise level for this position is considered to be:
Arkansas Children's Hospital - 13 months ago
As the only pediatric medical center in the state, Arkansas Children's Hospital (ACH) serves the youngest Razorbacks from birth to age...