The Algorithm Research team in Palo Alto, California, is the core group within AOL Networks R&D to develop advanced algorithms for feedback control and optimization of AOL’s content and display advertising networks. The team consists of a group of highly talented, passionate, and friendly researchers working on the most challenging problems in online advertising and content optimization.
The open position is to join the Algorithm Research team to support algorithm development and algorithm quality assurance. It is a great opportunity for a top-notch, ambitious, and passionate engineer with advanced degree in system and control, operation science or related fields to secure a key role in the center of a fast-paced and high-impact research environment. We expect our new team member to bring along a strong combination of both theoretical knowledge and experience in putting the theory to use, but most importantly to be excited and able to pick up new skills far beyond your comfort zone on a daily basis in areas such as statistics, computer science, auction theory, and many more, since we work in the forefront of an ever-evolving technology. The potential for the hired individual to make a great contribution and to learn new things is outstanding.
- Develop control and estimation algorithms for AOL’s third party display advertising optimization engine
- Analyze internet advertising campaigns and develop mathematical models
- Design experiments, as well as, test control and estimation algorithms
- Interaction with engineering/operation teams for system trouble-shooting and Business Analysis teams for business development
1. MS/PhD in system and control, or relevant fields. Solid knowledge in
mso-list: l0 level2 a. Classic linear/nonlinear/adaptive control
mso-list: l0 level2 b. Probability and Estimation theory
mso-list: l0 level2 c. Data analysis
2. Expert in Matlab. Capable to program complicated logic-based algorithm.
3. Outstanding team spirit with excellent communication skills. Good writing skills.
4. Attentive to details
5. Exceptionally high integrity
6. Great passion for solving problems and striking for perfection
7. Knowledge in the following domains is a big plus:
mso-list: l0 level2 a. Linear and nonlinear optimization
mso-list: l0 level2 b. Statistics
mso-list: l0 level2 c. Machine Learning
8. Experience with the following programming languages is a plus:
mso-list: l0 level2 a. Java
mso-list: l0 level2 b. Perl
9. 2-year work experience is preferred
Do you want to make the Internet better? We do too. And we’re always looking for people with great ideas. We need free spirits and straight shooters. Creatives and critics. Nerds with nerve. People who love the Internet, but can see its cracks… and future, too. At AOL we’re focused on radically redefining the world of online communications. We are transforming how people around the globe connect with information, entertainment and one another by bringing together award winning journalists and innovative technologies to create rich and engaging consumer experiences. We look for people who are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about our mission - to inform, entertain and connect the world.
AOL - 13 months ago
Though it's no longer a part of Time Warner, AOL is still serving America online. The Web portal serves users with an array of content...