MED Institute, Inc. is currently accepting applications for a Research Engineer to become a part of our growing Product Discovery team.
The successful candidate will support and lead research and development of novel medical devices. The candidate will work within an interdisciplinary team of engineers and scientists evaluating novel design concepts for new medical products and will also be expected to independently formulate new concepts and produce prototypes. Familiarity with a variety of medical device materials would be advantageous.
- Collaborate with and lead interdisciplinary teams of scientists and engineers to discover and develop novel medical devices;
- Develop methods for prototype device fabrication;
- Take a “hands on” approach to fabrication of concepts and prototypes;
- Research new technologies and integrate new capabilities into the product development team; and
- Lead and assist in the development of experiments, execution, analysis of results, interpretation and reporting of results;
- Identify problems and propose + develop approaches for solving them.
- MS, or PhD in Engineering ( Mechanical, Biomedical, Materials, etc ) or a related field;
- Experience with medical devices is strongly preferred;
- Experience working in and leading multidisciplinary teams is beneficial;
- Must be highly flexible, have a hands-on approach and be willing to take the initiative; and
- Ability to communicate well through written and verbal means is required.
Cook Medical - 19 months ago
Belonging to the Cook Medical division of the Cook Group, Cook Incorporated makes thousands of medical devices and related items. Its...