Position: Research Engineer
Location : Danbury, CT
About our Company :
FuelCell Energy, Inc. (NASDAQ: FCEL) is a world leader in the development and manufacture of fuel cell power plants for clean, efficient and reliable electric power generation. With approximately 180 megawatts of power generation capacity installed or in backlog, we are a global leader in providing ultra-clean baseload distributed generation to utilities, industrial operations, universities, municipal facilities, government installations and other customers around the world. Our power plants have generated over one billion kilowatt hours of power using a variety of fuels including renewable biogas from wastewater treatment and food processing, as well as clean natural gas. The Company is currently in a growth mode and engaged in significant commercial development activities to ramp the business and sales of our DFC ® Power Plants.
- Take leadership role in the development and design of new advanced concepts, electrodes and process for high temperature carbonate fuel cell.
- Apply problem solving skills to develop new and innovative solutions to improve electrodes performance, manufacturing process and reduce product cost.
- Support development of materials specifications and resolve components manufacturing issues.
- Lead carbonate fuel cell material research: evaluation, testing and optimization of electrodes and electrolyte systems.
- Prepare detailed graduation plans for projects and report progress to management on weekly and monthly basis.
- Review published literature and patents
- Organize and analyze data, design experiments and failure mode analysis, supervise and lead independently projects.
Education: M.S. or Ph.D. Degree in Electrochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Material Science or Ceramic Engineering, or equivalent education
Experience: Minimum 1-year in electrochemistry, chemistry, material science or corrosion characterization is desired. Chemistry/chemical lab experience is a plus.
Other Personal Factors: Hands-on, team worker; required to work independently; comfortable to work in a chemical lab environment; be able to lift 30 lbs. regularly
Ideal candidate will have / be:
We offer a competitive salary, bonus, opportunity, and comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, company-paid life/disability insurance, 401(k) plan, employee stock purchase plan and generous paid leave.
- Demonstrate knowledge of electrochemistry, corrosion, ceramic processing and high temperature materials, design of experiments and management.
- Knowledge of electrochemical techniques (Cyclic voltammetry, AC impedance, current interruption test) and XRD, BET, SEM, microscopy and particle size analysis.
- Computer knowledge: Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Power point and Microsoft project).
- Should be able to interact with internal and external customers, work in a multidisciplinary team
- Able to independently conceive, design and execute experiments; interact with manufacturing and technology teams,
- Capable of communicating with all levels of the organization, and report results and updates to managers.
No agencies please.
Candidate must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
FuelCell Energy, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
FuelCell Energy - 8 months ago