Leads research and development projects supporting the development of proprietary solutions resulting in new products, processes and capabilities. Develops strategies, creates innovations, defines manufacturing translations, and provides subject matter expertise. Understands the competition, keeps up on the latest trends, and leverages outside resources. Recognized for technical breadth by providing a high degree of expertise, creativity and strategic direction. Leads the development of mechanistic models of complex chemical reactions using modern theoretical methods of chemical kinetics, fluid dynamics, and bifurcation theory. Leads the development of numerically intensive computing for the corporation.
• Leads multidisciplinary teams to develop and propose for implementation new technologies, products, and services of major business impact
• Develops new product/process strategies and certifies new methods, procedures and feasibility studies promoting best practices in research methodology
• Serves as a spokesperson and champion for technology across the business unit
• Translates new processing and testing technologies to customers, global counterparts, and senior business executives
• Protects the company’s IP position by filing, monitoring and evaluating patents
• Assesses and addresses safety risks for themselves and their teams, applies higher level thinking about safety to provide paths to abate risks
• Directs, coaches and mentors multidisciplinary teams within T&I towards prioritization, balanced workload, and achieving set goals; provides performance feedback, and acts as a technical role model
• Troubleshoots the most difficult and potentially damaging technical problems
• Technology Intelligence, work collaboratively with businesses to provide advice and guidance on future threats and opportunities confronting SABIC.
• In collaboration with the talent management team and HRBP’s to be responsible for technology competencies and have the necessary degree of input into the technical ladder appointments, up to but not including the level of Fellows
• Be responsible for the mentoring, coaching and technical training of relevant employees throughout the business
• Identify key technical conferences and ensure appropriate SABIC representation.
• Foster and develop productive relationships with key institutions / technology providers.
• Guides team towards simplifying complex problems into workable solutions
• Uses strong analytical skills and know-how to solve critical business needs
• Generates multiple solutions through creative problem solving
• Develops new and novel methods and procedures for non-routine analysis
• Ph.D. in chemistry, chemical engineering, or physics
• High level of expertise in use of computational chemistry, fluid dynamics, numerical bifurcation analysis, kinetic modeling.
• High level of expertise in applications of statistical mechanics, statistical thermodynamics, transition state theory, RRKM theory, and group additivity for estimation of thermodynamic and kinetic parameters and molecular transport properties.
• High level of expertise in grid computing and programming languages frequently used in numerically intensive computing; e.g., Python, C++, Fortran, etc.
• Minimum of ten years relevant experience in related field, with a PhD (greater number of years of experience with lesser degree of education)
• Excellent analytical skills
• Strong communication and writing skills
• Demonstrated leadership skills
• Ability to solve ambiguous, less-defined problems
• Strong project management skills
• You must submit your application for employment online to be considered. Please submit your resume using the apply online option on this page.
• You must be 18 years or older
• You must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process
• You must be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process
• You must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
SABIC Innovative Plastics - 11 months ago