Description – Overview
Assist Veterinary Pathologists with Animal Necropsies- Includes preparation, cleaning and maintenance of the rooms and instruments. Assists in tissue harvesting and fixation. Performs tissue harvesting and grossing of low complexity necropsies as assigned by the veterinary pathologist. Records the tissue and other pertinent information on designated forms, and performs all other designated clerical duties.
2. Assists Histology Supervisor and Histotechnicians- Performs histopathology lab duties, including embedding processed tissues, and related clerical duties.
3. Assists With Laboratory Equipment-Operates, maintains and rotates processing reagents for tissue processor. Maintains automated H&E slide stainer. Responsible for cleaning reagent containers, and weekly reagent set-up.
4. Communicates With Other VMS Personnel and Investigators-Help to provide efficiency and service. Assists with scheduling of necropsies by communicating with investigators, and by keeping the necropsy calendar up-to-date.
5. Maintains Archive Room-Archives wet tissues, slide files, paraffin block files, and Archive Room records. Keeps Archive Room clean and in order.
6. Performs Other Duties As Assigned.
Required: High School diploma or equivalent
Preferred: Associate's degree in Veterinary Technology
Required: Three years experience in animal manipulation to include one year performing animal necropsies. With preferred degree, one year of required experience. May substitute years experience for 30 hours of college course work on a one to one basis.
MD Anderson Cancer Center - 19 months ago
The mission of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center is to eliminate cancer in Texas, the nation, and the world...