Nossaman has an immediate opening for an experienced and entrepreneurial Research Librarian to join our dynamic team of library and knowledge professionals. This position will provide day-to-day research and library support to professionals in our San Francisco and Sacramento offices and serve as a member of the firm wide Information Technology Department. This position reports to the Firm's Library Manager and will be located in the San Francisco office with regular travel to the Sacramento office.
- Provides legal and non-legal research assistance, locally and across the Firm's six national offices
- Trains and instructs attorneys, paralegals and staff in the use of the library's OPAC, electronic subscriptions and print resources
- Provides competitive intelligence analysis and research services to practice groups in conjunction with the Business Development department
- Manages the Firm's San Francisco and Sacramento print collections, including acquisition, cataloging, invoicing and maintenance
- Arranges interlibrary loans with local law firms, and public and institutional libraries
- Coordinates on-site training by representatives of Westlaw, Lexis and other vendors
- Prepares features and other material for posting on the Firm's intranet; Performs such additional duties and projects as may be assigned
Demonstrated proficiency using common print and online resources such as Westlaw, LexisNexis, Pacer, BNA and Courtlink; Demonstrated ability to develop and conduct end-user training both in person and online; Strong analytical and organizational skills required, together with an ability to prioritize and complete multiple complex projects under tight time constraints; and Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Master's degree in Library and Information Science, JD, or equivalent experience required
- 3+ years of library-related experience in a private law firm or similar
- 3+ professional services environment
- 2+ years experience with Integrated Library Systems (ILS)
Candidates must be proactive and reliable with excellent communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with people of varying skill levels, responsibilities and backgrounds. The ability to work effectively and efficiently in a collaborative environment, as well as independently is essential.
Competitive salary and exceptionally generous benefits package.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a resume, cover letter and salary requirements.
Nossaman LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.