E Source is looking for a research manager to provide engaging, high-quality, research content for our members from more than 100 electric and gas utilities across North America. Your knowledge, curiosity, and passion for customer experience will help our members better market to, communicate with, and serve their residential and business customers.
This research manager will manage, write, and deliver research, analysis, and actionable advice pertaining to the topics of customer experience and customer service. You’ll help utilities improve their customer service and contact channels, external and internal communications, and overall experience of the customer during the entire customer life cycle. You’ll have already started developing expertise in these areas and will want to become a subject-matter expert by staying ahead of the issues through research and writing.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Research emerging topics in customer care, communications, and experience by identifying and seeking out the necessary resources. Topics can include customer experience, e-business, mobile, social media, contact center, and customer experience.
- Help define the future of customer experience at electric and gas utilities through research and analysis into customer expectations, best and next practices, new contact channels and technologies, and customer experience strategies.
- Add value to the research through insightful quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Write reports ranging from 1 page to more than 100 pages to deliver research findings to members.
- Explain complex research findings in a clear, concise, and simple manner.
- Answer member inquiries in a short time frame to help E Source members solve the problems specific to their businesses.
- Create thought-provoking and engaging content in a variety of forms, including written reports, blog posts, social media engagement, web conferences, in-person presentations, and infographics.
- Develop and manage major research studies/projects, including study design, project management, analysis of findings, and delivery of study results.
- Adhere to E Source quality standards, budget, and timeliness requirements.
- Collaborate with colleagues on shared written or other deliverables.
- Present research findings during web conferences, in-person E Source events, non-E Source events, and customer site visits.
- Establish and maintain relationships with E Source members, vendors, journalists, and industry experts.
- Become a leader in the electric and gas utility industry as an influential speaker and thinker who is sought to provide expertise that improves our members’ operations, communications, and customer relationships.