The Research Manager supports the Research team with day-to-day client management by managing the project phases from questionnaire design through final report delivery with oversight from the Senior Research Team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Respond in a timely manner to client inquiries about deliverables and provide status updates on client requests/data collection status.
• Manage and monitor the data collection processes such as preparing study specifications, client reports, drafting questionnaires, proofing reports and tables, data analysis and reporting, quota monitoring, sample delivery, troubleshooting and testing.
• Attend and participate in team meetings and on client calls. Develop project timelines and provide updates to the Research Team regarding project status.
• Design tools and processes to increase efficiency and effectiveness of client deliverables.
• Perform quality check on client deliverables.
Experience and Skills:
• Excellent organizational skills with a strong focus upon managing details
• Experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods
• Exceptional written and oral communication abilities
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
• Ability to anticipate, quickly address and make correct decisions in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Desire to train and mentor team members
Research Design & Proposal Development
Working knowledge of and repeated experience with a wide variety of methods, research types and GfK products
Ability to manage executional aspects of several projects simultaneously Ability to handle complex and/or difficult issues (shortfalls to quota, missed timing, cost overruns, miscommunication of specifications etc.) with internal/external vendors
Analysis & Reporting
Ability to identify key elements within the data and create visually effective reports that bring insights to life (e.g. storytelling, data visualization)
Client Management & Business Development
High level of comfort with industry terminology Basic understanding of GfK products and services
Experience with MS Word, Excel, the Internet and familiarity with PowerPoint and common statistical packages (i.e., SPSS, etc.) Create graphic presentations of data Provide basic interpretation of charts from an industry and research perspective
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business, mathematics, or the sciences, or equivalent experience 3-5 Years of related work experience. 3-5 years of experience in market research or similar role preferred Basic familiarity with industry terminology Some level of understanding of client business, objectives and market positioning
We offer a very competitive salary commensurate with your experience.
GfK Custom Research North America - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard