The Research Manager manages the day-to-day aspects of assigned research projects under the direction of more senior team members. Depending on experience, the Research Manager will be responsible for implementing various quantitative market research project tasks ranging from questionnaire development through data analysis and report writing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Consult with clients on day-to-day project updates and issues. Demonstrate research expertise by providing guidance to clients regarding best practices and problem resolution.
• Manage questionnaire design and testing, sample selection, data collection, analysis and reporting procedures to meet the client’s information requirements and expectations.
• Provide instructions, guidance and supervision to operating departments regarding the day-to-day management of the research project.
• Monitor project performance in terms of schedule, quality and costs. Communicate progress and issues to account executive and client.
• Develop specifications for data processing and tabulation.
• Prepare reports and presentations to communicate the study findings to the client with guidance/input from Account Executive/Senior Research staff. Participate in client presentations as needed.
• Prepare budgets and proposals (if appropriate), with guidance from Account Executive/Senior Research staff, to be submitted to existing and/or potential clients.
Experience and Skills:
• Minimum 5 years progressive experience working in market research. Knowledge of Financial Services industry a plus.
• Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative survey research procedures, including sample design, data collection, data processing, analysis and reporting.
• Ability to manage a large, complex research project and/or several research projects simultaneously in an environment with schedule, cost and resource constraints.
• Effective and concise written and oral communication skills.
Ability to communicate to and work effectively with administrative, research and operating department staff.
Ability to communicate project operations issues to clients and to effectively manage client expectations.
Ability to communicate research procedures and findings to clients in reports and presentations.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
• Proficiency with statistical data package such as SPSS or SAS is a plus.
Education: BA/BS with concentration in social sciences, mathematics, business, or marketing.
We offer a very competitive salary commensurate with your experience.
GfK Custom Research North America - 20 months ago