The Research Manager within the Shopper & Retail Strategy group will be responsible for managing a broad scope of project related day-to-day tasks for our Shopper and Retail clients under the guidance of the group’s senior team members. This position will be responsible for working closely with the project support/operations teams to deliver excellent research study design, implementation and analysis to meet client needs. Depending upon experience, the Research Manager may work independently to manage specific phases of the research project. The person in this important team role will be expected to develop a broad range of expertise across a variety of research methodologies, begin to develop foundational knowledge of GfK portfolio of products and solutions, and interact with key clients across project engagements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work in conjunction with the project team to develop study design, design survey instrument, create analytic plans and lead the development of reporting layout.
• Provide instructions, guidance and supervision to operating departments regarding the day-to-day management of research projects to ensure successful project implementation, data collection, data processing and development of client deliverables.
• Prepare reports and presentations to communicate study findings in a clear, concise, actionable manner with guidance/input from senior team members
• Play a lead role in monitoring project performance in terms of schedule, quality and costs. Communicate progress/study updates to team members and client.
• Serve as key contact to ensure project support staff delivers accurate tables and delivers a thorough/accurate data QC
• Provide support on proposal development, when needed, with guidance from senior staff
Experience and Skills:
• Minimum of 4 years within the Market Research industry
• Knowledge of quantitative research methodologies including sample design, data collection, data processing, analysis and reporting. Knowledge of qualitative research methods would be a plus.
• Effective and concise written and oral communication skills with ability to communicate to and work effectively with administrative, research and operating department staff
• Must possess strong interpersonal skills that will prosper in a team oriented environment
• Experience with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and familiarity with SPSS preferred
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in business, mathematics, or the sciences, or equivalent experience.
We offer a very competitive salary commensurate with your experience.
GfK Custom Research North America - 19 months ago