As a global leader in brand consulting and design, Landor helps clients create agile brands that thrive in today’s dynamic, disruptive marketplace. Our work enables top brands—from Barclays to BMW and Tide to Taj—to stand for something while never standing still.
Landor’s branding services include strategy and positioning, identity and design, brand architecture, innovation, naming and verbal branding, research and analytics, environments and experience, engagement and activation, and digital and social media.
Founded by Walter Landor in 1941, Landor pioneered many of the research, design, and consulting methods that are now standard in the branding industry. Today, Landor has 26 offices in 20 countries, working with a broad spectrum of world-famous brands. Clients include Barclays, Bayer, BMW, BP, Diageo, FedEx, GE, Intuit, Kraft Foods, MillerCoors, Procter & Gamble, Samsung, Singapore Airlines, and Taj Group.
Landor is a member of the Young & Rubicam Group network within WPP, the world's largest marketing and communications firm. For more information, please visit Landor.com and follow Landor on Facebook and Twitter .
Landor Associates is seeking a Research Manager to partners with our Regional Research Analytics and Research Team to build a robust analytics and research offer that strongly supports our strategic and creative effort, maintains our currency as a top tier brand consultancy, and establishes new thinking and approaches to augment our current offer. This manager will partner with the group director and mentor/coach analysts as we focus on Analytics and Brand Research tools across a wide range of clients business challenges.
This position can be either in San Francisco or New York and will require up to 30-40% travel.
Requirements include but are not limited to:
Ideally qualified candidates will have a Master’s degree in quantitative marketing, marketing analytics, statistics, or social science research plus a minimum of 4 to 6 years of agency, consultancy, supplier or client-side research experience.
- Broad experience and capability across a range of quantitative research methodologies, tools, and approaches.
- Comfort and experience with the range of traditional and emerging qualitative techniques.
- Experience in design and execution of proprietary market research studies from questionnaire development through data analysis.
- Experience partnering with a diverse team to review a client RFP or business opportunity and define the research needs with creativity, precision and efficiency.
- Market research supplier management expertise, to include understanding of and experience working with best in class research vendors including boutique and global, specialist and generalist, custom and syndicated, B2B and B2C.
- A clear talent for analyzing and synthesizing primary and secondary research to generate actionable insights that can impact clients and their business.
- Experience in design and execution of large proprietary market research studies from questionnaire development through data checking.
- Client presentation experience and proven comfort and presence with senior level clients and colleagues.
- The ability to assist senior team members in developing client presentations and other work products.
- Ability to educate and train Landor colleagues to build knowledge and comfort with the requirements of great research - what it is, what it costs, how long it takes, etc.
- Ideally, some experience with theory and technical execution of Y&R’s proprietary BAV tool (or experience with a similar methodology).
- Strong project management skills, with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Comfortable working with large data sets.
- Knowledge/experience working with applied statistical methods.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and with a team.
- Experience mentoring and teaching junior analysts.
- Support the creation of thought leadership pieces.
About Landor Landor Associates is one of the world's leading branding and design consultancies. Founded in 1941, Landor pioneered many of...