The person in this position will assist in the tracking, reporting and analysis of all NBA, WNBA, and D-League business metrics, manage a variety of primary research projects, and help drive overall strategy for the organization.
• Track and report key findings / trends across all key business metrics, including television viewership, attendance, internet traffic, merchandise sales, etc.
• Utilize Nielsen products to help distribute NBA, WNBA and D-League game rating reports, as well as competitive sports viewership data.
• Track viewership for all NBA programming internationally, and provide monthly and seasonal summary reports.
• Provide support on international research efforts, including analysis on major primary research studies.
• Provide support on other domestic ad hoc research initiatives.
• Knowledge of TV viewership reporting, including experience with programs such as Nielsen Galaxy Explorer and NPower.
• Experience managing primary research projects, including survey development and analysis.
• Experience utilizing syndicated research tools such as Simmons, MRI, and Scarborough.
• Perspective employee must have strong analytical skills and the ability to communicate and present key findings in an organized, efficient manner.
• A basic understanding of Internet research / terminology is preferred.
• Extensive experience using Excel and PowerPoint is also required.
• Minimum 6 - 8 years in Market Research, ideally with a broad research background that includes television, syndicated, and primary research.
Educational Background Required
• Bachelor’s degree
The NBA is a global sports and media business built around three professional sports leagues: the National Basketball Association, the...