As an Account Manager supporting Food and Beverage clients, you will develop a consultative selling relationship with your clients. You will grow business relationships, drive client satisfaction, and meet and/or exceed revenue goals by delivering insightful industry analyses to support clients in developing and executing against their strategic plans.
• Grow revenue by identifying new business opportunities that fit the strategic business needs and new/existing budgets of our clients.
• Develop and nurture client relationships across a variety of functional areas to create a wide user base and network of NPD advocates at clients.
• Analyze consumer panel data and deliver actionable insights and recommendations to address client business needs.
• Prepare and present industry analyses to clients in functional areas such as consumer research, brand marketing, innovation, category management, shopper marketing, and sales.
• Drive client satisfaction and value by managing client use of contracted NPD resources and introducing appropriate services that deliver on the business needs of specific clients.
• Partner with Sales where appropriate to build new opportunities for NPD with new constituencies and/or new client divisions.
• Create and execute against account plans.
• Manage the career and skill development of one or more direct reports.
Skills & Experience Needed/Requested:
• Developed analytic capabilities, solid research and/or food and beverage industry knowledge.
• Proven consultative selling skills in presenting creative solutions that address client business needs.
• Strong interpersonal, writing, and speaking skills.
• Strong organizational and project management skills.
• Demonstrated leadership skills.
• Expert in all MS Office Products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
• BA/BS or equivalent.
• 5 to 8+ years of experience delivering value to clients in account management or client service.
• 20-25% travel and possible client on-site work days expected.
The NPD Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The NPD Group helps its more than 2,000 clients fatten their coffers by giving them the skinny on consumer behavior. A global market...