Water Research Foundation, an international non-profit organization that sponsors research on behalf of its water utility subscribers, is currently seeking a Research Manager (RM) to help fulfill its mission of advancing the science of water to improve the quality of life.
The successful candidate will be accountable for creating, maintaining, and disseminating knowledge resources on selected topics of critical importance to water utilities and the water community. The primary focus is on planning research, managing projects and providing technical oversight to ensure that WaterRF’s research program is scientifically credible and responsive to utility needs. The position is based in Denver, CO but domestic travel of 10-20% is required for conferences and meetings, and occasional international travel may also be required. WaterRF’s work environment allows flexible work hours and telecommuting options.
• Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of selected water topics and conduct outreach to disseminate knowledge resources.
• Provide a high level of customer service to subscribers through presentations, authorship, conference attendance, professional association membership, and interactions with media.
• Collaborate and coordinate with water industry professionals to procure and then monitor the technical progress of research projects.
• Manage projects to ensure fiscal responsibility, timeliness, and contractual compliance.
• Provide technical content, prepare original materials, and respond to requests for information.
• Manage and coordinate the activities of volunteer advisory committees for assigned research projects and research topics.
• Understand water utility needs in order to inform and guide knowledge management and outreach, technical oversight of projects, and research planning activities.
• Personally interact with both volunteers and water professionals to build consensus and solve problems.
• Bachelor’s degree in science, engineering, environmental science or planning, environmental policy, or water resources
• Minimum of 3-5 years water experience including documented competencies in technical writing, oral presentation, group facilitation, and working with volunteers and/or committees
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Strong organizational skills to meet the demands of managing multiple projects and activities
• Polished communication skills with a wide variety of technical and non-technical audiences
• Master’s degree in a technical field
• Knowledge of public water utilities and/or the larger water community
• Experience with federal administrative and financial requirements
• Proficiency with Microsoft SharePoint
The identified finalist will undergo WaterRF-sponsored training and mentorship from experienced Research Managers. Please send qualifications and salary requirements to Kim McKee, HR Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Water Research Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
WaterandWasteWaterJobs.com - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Founded in 1966, the Water Research Foundation is an international, 501(c)3 non-profit organization that sponsors research to enable water...